Your privacy, and the privacy of all registered users of the Hanse.biz service, is important to us. This policy describes how all user personal information and their activities on our site will be processed by us. By visiting Hanse.biz you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
1) What information do we collect?
In connection with your use of our site, we ask for and may collect a variety of information from and about you in different ways.
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in the various forms on our site, by filling in any other forms provided to you by us or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, request information and when you contact us or report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and financial details. We may also collect the information you disclose in any of our scorecards, chat rooms, discussion groups, and bulletin boards.
Information we collect about you. We may receive information about you from third parties. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including (but not limited to) the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including (but not limited to) the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of this site.
- We use your personally identifying information to identify you as a user of the site, to improve your service and to improve your experience with the site. We may use your email address to contact you directly regarding services or products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also associate your personally identifying information with information we collect about your preferences and activities at the site, such as the particular pages you request at the site and purchases or other transactions you effect through the site. We may vary the content you receive in future visits to the site based on your preferences and activities.
- We may combine your personally identifying information, and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total amount of sales conducted through our site in a particular geographic region. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users’ information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality fellow users through more accurate marketing and advertising of our Web site.
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your personally identifying information, and information about your activities and preferences with selected third parties including:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site; and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- We may also provide these companies with collective profiles of our user groups and their activities and preferences. Such collective profiles may also be disclosed in describing our site and services to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- Finally, we may disclose information to fulfil certain legal and regulatory requirements or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is legally required or necessary to protect others’ rights or to prevent harm.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £50).
- You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.7) Security
- We use industry–standard encryption methods to transmit your personal registration information from your computer to ours across the Internet, and we restrict access to any transactional portions of our site to computers running web browsers that support Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) protocol. To use this protection technology, you need to have an SSL–capable browser, such as Netscape Navigator 4.5 or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.5 or higher. These browsers will automatically activate the technology when you log on to our site.
- Please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. Your password to access our site, which you select at registration, should never be shared with anyone and should be changed frequently. And, after you have finished using our site, you should log off and exit your browser, so no unauthorized persons can use our site with your name and account information. Remember that any information you voluntarily disclose on–line in any news or message postings, scorecards, discussion groups or chat rooms may be collected and used by others without your permission. Furthermore, if you provide any information to parties who operate Web sites that are linked to or from our site, different rules may apply to their collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review these sites’ policies before revealing any sensitive or personal information.
- Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.